The Final Countdown

May 28, 2005

Down to my last 24hrs in Australia I headed into town for one last wander around Cairns and some last minute souvenir shopping in the market. I tried repacking my rucksack a few times before admitting defeat and accepting that all my stuff would no longer fit in the one bag. Then I turned in early for a good sleep ready for my 4am wake up to go to the airport.
With 22hrs of flying ahead of me I had plenty of time for the fact that I was going home to actually sink in... and plenty more time to look back and appreciate all the amazing experiences I'd had over the last four months (addmitedly most of them aided by a small piece of plastic belonging to my parents but amazing all the same). It's hard to believe that exactly four months ago I was landing in Fiji with all this stretching in front of me not knowing what to expect. Now it's all over it was beyond anything I could have hoped...

...THE END...

(until next time!)