Sydney

April 21, 2005

After arriving in Sydney and dumping my bags in the hostel I immediately got out to explore the city. I walked along the water front all the way past the Opera House (looks like it does in the pictures!), under the Harbour Bridge (it's big!) and out to the 'village' area of The Rocks.
I then walked down through the city centre and out to Darling Harbour home of the Sydney Aquarium. It is meant to be one of the best in the world and although I enjoyed it (as I would any aquatic related activity) it was much the same as any other aquarium really, just bigger. They did have a display of fish of the Antarctic and one of the largest collections of sharks.
I also explored the wonderful Paddy's Market, full of bargain shopping and souvenirs, where I picked up some cheap CD's.
That's it for the day, tomorrow I'm going out to explore the Blue Mountains... not sure whether they're actually blue though... I'll keep you posted.