Surf's up

April 23, 2005

I didn't manage to get out to the Blue Mountains so as the weather was good I decided to head out of the city to the famous Bondi Beach.
The beach was busy but as it's no longer the height of summer wasn't over crowded. There was a good atmosphere and the place was full of surfers and body boarders enjoying the good waves.
I decided to get in on the action and hired a body board for an hour and most likely spent most of that time making a complete fool of myself.
All good fun though.
The following day I hung around the city again and went up the SkyTower to get some great views. I took the SkyTour at the base of the SkyTower which involved some short videos about Australia and one longer video enhanced with moving seats, creating the effect of falling off cliffs etc.